Capping off a year that saw it dominate the competition in terms of both rock crawling and award winning, the Jeep Wrangler garnered yet more kudos recently when editors of the Boston Globe selected it for their list of Top Drives of 2012.
The simple story here, according to the Globe: “Everything that made the Wrangler difficult to love and live with is gone. The new V6 is smooth and pulls hard. The steering feels safe and stable. Wind noise is minimal. The dashboard feels crafted and designed for a real commute. There are even power heated mirrors. Not to worry, this Jeep is ever playful and utterly capable.”
The 2012 Wrangler’s new Pentastar V6 achieves that performance with 285 hp, 260 lb.-ft. of torque and up to 21 mpg highway, representing increases of 40 percent, 10 percent and 9.5 percent, respectively, over the 2011 model. Which helps explain why the 2012 Wrangler also has been named:
- Four Wheeler of the Year by Four Wheeler magazine
- 4X4 of the Year by Petersen’s 4-Wheel & Off-Road magazine
- Mid-size SUV of Texas by the Texas Auto Writers Association
- Best Value Off-Road by the Active Lifestyle Vehicle Awards
- Hottest 4X4 SUV by the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA)
- Best Compact Utility Vehicle by the ALG Residual Value Awards
According to Jeep Dealers Palm Harbor, Kelley Blue Book’s kbb.com recognized the Wrangler with Best Resale Value Awards both in the Compact Utility Vehicle category and as one of the Top 10 vehicles in the industry.
The bottom line for the Boston Globe: “It’s the same great thing, only better. That’s the new Wrangler.”
See the awesome Jeep Wrangler at Jeep CT Dealers or your local Jeep dealer.